The Context Network
The Context Network is the world’s premier business management and strategy consulting firm providing services to agriculture, biotechnology, and food companies, and to government entities and NGOs. Major areas of expertise include: strategy development, opportunity analysis, R&D assessments, merger and acquisition support, product/portfolio management, regulatory compliance, industry benchmarking, competitive intelligence, and marketing intelligence/ research. Context is comprised of a core of professional executive consultants and is complemented by a global network of hundreds of industry and subject matter experts on-site worldwide.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
The Senior Business Analyst position for The Context Network is a multi-faceted position. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide business, market, and financial analysis support to management consulting projects.
- Gather and evaluate data and information for use in providing insights and conclusions related to strategic decisions being considered by clients.
- Lead and conduct market research activities in the form of telephone interviews, internet surveys, or mailed questionnaires. This would also include gathering secondary market data from public sources such as government and university reports, company literature, and internet sources.
- Build and modify economic and financial spreadsheet models for use in evaluating options, produce forecasts, and understand the financial impact of various market environments and business decisions.
- Assist in the design of and production of consulting project reports in Microsoft PowerPoint or Word format that can be delivered to clients as finished products.
- Assist in design of and management of strategic planning sessions, including process design, develop presentation and decision-support tools, and on-site coordination of logistics and facilities.
- Manage project work streams and certain projects with defined parameters.
- Assist other Context Network analysts, project managers, and principals with project work and report production on as-needed basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The person in this position should have the following skills and experience:
- A BS degree with a focus in marketing, strategy or finance/economics.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in consulting, marketing, sales, product management, market/financial/business analysis or similar field is preferred.
- Education or experience in agriculture or the biological sciences is strongly desired.
- Experience with financial and economic modeling with an understanding of basic business statistical analysis (descriptive statistics, regression, analysis of variance, etc.) is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work as a contributing member to a project team as well as work in a self-directed and independent environment.
- Proficient in MS Office PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Knowledge of Access a plus.
- Willingness to be flexible in job responsibilities as needs and opportunities warrant.
The position will have variable travel requirements ranging upwards of 25% of the time depending upon the project and client.
St. Louis, MO; Charleston, SC; Raleigh, NC
How to Apply
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: Raquel Lacey Nelson at Raquel.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please call Raquel at 607-592-2584.
To download the PDF version of this Job Posting click here.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com